the ART of being IN fashion



Friday, July 29, 2011

MT. RUSHMORE

Mt. Rushmore - Check - can we go home now?  Really what could be more exciting than this?

So, here's what people do out here in whatever state we are in.  They drive around (if they are extremely lucky in an RV) Take about 100 pictures in front of the attraction and then race to the gift shop and try to see how many trinkets they can find with their name on it - its exciting!  If you have an unusual name you are screwed (so you get the Mt. Rushmore shot glass) then you have to decide - do I get the mini license plate  - I guess for your Barbie Car or a wooden switch blade that is really a comb??? (If we are really in a  recession - maybe you should buy a pair of shoes or baby food???)

Then everyone hurries to the RV camp to secure their spot.  This one (according to our KOA guide) is the 2nd largest in the nation and has lots to do - I quote " dog walk, stage, basketball, bike shack (not sure if they have bikes?) and here are the biggies - fiddle sticks AND gold panning.  I am definitely bring home some gold!!!  When we pulled in Gray said excitedly this place is Hillbilly Heaven!!!!  And that sums it up.

If you saw RV - remember when the family was avoiding the other families who were trying to make friends with them?  Thats us.  Clark and I kept to ourselves at our picnic table (with no cute plastic table cloth) fixed our plate of crackers and cheese and wine that I made him drive 20 miles for (all they had here at the RV "Trading Post" is the"local wine" - which is????? made of????? by whom?????

Today - its Crazy horse and some bear park - just when I thought I'd seen it all...

Next blog I will reporting on RV FASHION WEEK - stay tuned for some interesting looks.