the ART of being IN fashion



Saturday, July 30, 2011

RV FASHION WEEK

Fashions in the RV camp can vary from extremely ugly to what the fuck are you thinking.  Honestly, just because we are living like animals...

Denim seems to be the "it" thing.  Shorts and capris in the most unflattering lengths - but who cares we're on vacation in an RV - do I really care if I look fat?

My favorite are the "denim warriors" (a term I stole from my friend, Victoria Freda)  This is the person who wears all denim (see pic far left)  denim top and denim pants - its a great look and it matches! And also, men in knee length jean shorts - I may lose it

The shoes are really something.  What did these people do before crocs?  And the COLORS - wow never knew that plastic could be so vibrant.  Top left pic is my foot (you'll notice by my nice french manicure) and thats my new "sandal" with velcro straps - these babies can get wet and are super comfy!  I have not actually worn them and I am hoping that I won't have to.  I saved the receipt so I could return them but that would mean another trip to REI and honestly, I'd rather just keep them to avoid that tree hugging experience again.

Hair in the RV... lots of perms with those big claw clips.  And then there's that short sporty hair that says, I'm an outdoor girl and I can kick your ass with my strappy velcro sandal!

So TODAY Clark has decided that we will go GOLFING.  Picture us pulling up to "the nicest golf course in... " (wherever we are)  in our RV and in our shorts, tees and gym shoes and yes we are going to RENT golf clubs....

SIDE NOTE ABOUT FASHION:
1. I did see ONE girl in a really cute outfit with these cute shoes on (that I actually own) NOW I am so pissed that I didn't bring them because they are perfect and I just didn't think of it.
2. I found an amazing pair of earrings - that I love (seriously) in the KOA trading post (I think "trading post" means "store" in Indian by the way.  I tried to trade my sandals for the earrings but I had to pay so I told them that the name was really misleading and they should change it to store (or boutique to boost their image)

Off to play - FORE!